Part 2 – Social media platforms
1. Following the prompt in the Module Two power point lecture, use Google to find some niche social media platforms.
Focus on lesser known ones, avoid Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, Vines, Tumblr, Weibo, TED and YouTube.
2. Join ONE new social network and explore.
Part 3 – Tweet
Tweet out the social media platform you found and what it’s good for. Use the Twitter
name for the platform (@…), and tag the post using #edci338 at the end.
(Example: @goodreads is awesome for sharing books! #edci338)
Part 4 – Etiquette and Ethics
1. Search the Web for Social Media Etiquette best practices. These can be general social media etiquette
OR for a specific platform like Twitter, Instagram, etc.
2. Include the title and URL to the article/blog post in the forum as an additional source.
3. Pick what you think are the 2 most important best practice items on the list for etiquette
and explain why you think they are the most important. Support your point of view with
secondary sources and examples. (be concise!)
4. Briefly describe the rules for etiquette on the platform you have chosen for your niche