– must be original work
– complete #1 (350-400 words)
– see assignment requirements
1. Choose a real-world organization (Military) that employs at least 50 or more people.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you examine the role of industrial/organizational psychology in selecting and training employees. In your examination, address the following:
1. Choose a real-world organization that employs at least 50 or more people (not a fictional organization).
2. Analyze how well the organization selects and trains its employees according to the information in chapter 6 and 7.
3. Discuss at least 2 issues related to selection and 2 issues related to training (the textbook discusses many more).
How well does the organization apply the concepts and procedures recommended by i/o psychologists? For example, you might choose the Kmart Corporation. You might discuss their selection procedures in terms of (a) recruiting, (b) job offers, and (c) realistic job previews. You might discuss their training methods with regard to (a) needs analysis, (b) delivery method, and (c) analysis of effectiveness.
You may contact the organization of your choice to learn more about their selection and training methods.
Include at least three professional references, including the Spector text. You may use the references I gave you. Avoid using websites.
Be sure to cite references within the text as well as in an APA formatted references page.
Avoid websites as your references.
Attach the grading rubric as the last page of the paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click on the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.