Practicum – Week 10 Journal Entry
• Develop effective documentation skills to examine group therapy sessions with children and adolescents *
• Develop diagnoses for child and adolescent clients receiving group psychotherapy *
• Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling child and adolescent clients with psychiatric disorders *
Select two clients you observed or counseled this week during a group therapy session for children and adolescents. Note: The two clients you select must have attended the same group session. If you select the same group you selected for the Week 8 or Week 9 Journal Entries, you must select different clients.
Then, address in your Practicum Journal the following:
• Using the Group Therapy Progress Note in this week’s Learning Resources, document the group session.
• Describe each client (without violating HIPAA regulations), and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
• Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for each client.
• Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
• Support your group therapy and treatment approach with evidence-based literature.