- Select one age group to which you want to apply your analysis of peer group socialization mechanisms and dynamics.
- Select one of the following:
- One peer-group mechanism (such as reinforcement, modeling, punishment, or apprenticeship)
- One peer-group dynamic (such as inclusion/exclusion, clique inclusionary/exclusionary techniques, bullies and victims, gangs, peer collaboration, tutoring, or counseling)
Based on your choices and research, respond to the following:
- Explain how your chosen mechanism or dynamic for one child shapes the behavior of another. For example, how does the reinforcement of one child’s behavior impact the behavior of another child?
- How could some of the following developmental tasks of your chosen age group be influenced positively or negatively by your selected mechanism or dynamic?
- Belonging needs
- Social interaction
- Getting along with others
- Moral and value development
- Personal independence
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300–400 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources, including use of in-text citations and full references.