Major Approaches to Clinical Psychology
- Generalized anxiety disorder
Create and present in class a 10 to 15 minute Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with 7 to 10 slides including Title Slide and Reference Slide which you compare and contrast the clinical psychology approach – relation to the anxiety disorder. Address the following items:
- (3 points) Oral/In class presentation
- (2 points) Discuss the philosophical origins of each approach.
- (2 points) Identify the goals of each approach.
- (2 points) Describe the techniques and strategies used by each approach.
- (3) Explain how each approach affects the treatment strategies for your selected disorder.
- (3) Evaluate the effectiveness of each approach, in relation to your selected disorder, based on treatment outcome research.
(3 points) Format your paper consistent with APA Guidelines (proper use of grammar and punctuation) and include at least five peer reviewed sources (SOURCES MUST BE OBTAINED FROM THE Required Readings for this week and/or from the UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX’S LIBRARY – if you have trouble using the library’s database or with locating sources, please contact the librarian)