Principles of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
I/O Project Part 2
Topic: Training: Theory, Program Design, and Evaluation
This second part of the assignment allows you to further explore the key points that are included in a research study. You will look at the methodology to be used, identify sample size, sources of your data, discuss how the data is to be analyzed, and what you expect to find with your study. Use the 10 Key Strategic Points template to help inform the required assignment details.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Review and integrate the 10 Key Strategic Points.
- Use academic sources, including peer-reviewed journal articles, scholarly books, government reports, and other instructor-approved texts.
- Include a minimum of five scholarly topic-relevant sources (majority of articles should be published within past 5 years)
Write a paper of 2,000-2,250 words in which you address the following issues:
- Delineate your intended methodology and research design. Restate the purpose of your study. Explain why stated methodology will be best. Describe why stated research design is appropriate.
- Identify your sample and needed sample size. Justify sample size. Discuss your intended sampling procedure.
- Describe sources of data. Name and describe intended assessments/instruments for a quantitative study. Name and describe intended data sources/types for a qualitative study. Address validity and reliability for your intended methodology. Delineate how you will collect data needed to answer your study’s questions.
- Evaluate specific data analyses for your study. Descriptive. Inferential (if quantitative).
- Propose what results you expect to find in relation to your topic.