Introduction – 20%
· Set the context of the study
· Outline the interventions selected
· Provide an overview of how the essay will proceed.
Discussion – 50%
· Overview and evaluation of the area under investigation
· Review of the interventions; aims, methods, sample, outcomes, how they were evaluated, strengths and weaknesses.
· Compare and contrast the two interventions
· Relate to the research in that area
Conclusions – 20%
· Summary of main findings
· Suggestions for future interventions.
Presentation & Referencing – 10%
· Correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling
· Appropriate writing style (use of “third” person)
· The majority of references are from academic journals and primary sources
· References reported accurately in essay text
· References reported accurately in attached ‘References’ section
Students should recognise that the marking criteria are weighted to indicate its importance in relation to the information required.
NB: these subsections should only be used as guidance towards marking and content. This is an academic essay and subsections should not be used within the main body of work.