1) What can you tell from the Hammurabic code about the social and family structure of Mesopotamia?
2) What is the relationship between law and trade?
3) Why did agricultural civilizations such as Babylon insist on harsh punishments for crimes?
4) What religious and magical beliefs does the document suggest?
5) How did Hammurabi justify this law code to the people he ruled?
6) What does the code tell us about the place of slaves in Babylonian society?
7) Are there any laws that let us know women were allowed to own property or run businesses? Which ones?